Experienced Local Roofers Serving the Norcross Area
We all spend a lot of time indoors, so we’re more likely to notice things wrong with our interiors. But when it comes to our roofing systems, we don’t often look at them. Most Norcross homeowners don’t know the current state of their roofs – or even when they were last inspected.
At ImproveIT! of Atlanta, our roofers recommend scheduling an inspection every three to five years. If you fail to maintain your roofing system, you could be liable for getting it repaired or replaced, even if it’s damaged by a storm. Most insurance companies require regular maintenance for damage to be covered.
What’s Included in a Professional Roof Inspection?
While each roofer will do things differently, at ImproveIT! of Atlanta, our team will inspect your roof for the following items:
- Missing, split, loose or worn wood or asphalt shingles or tiles which can allow for water penetration into the underlayment.
- Rusty or loose seams on metal roofing.
- Large amounts of granules in the gutters that indicate shingles are aging, making them susceptible to ultraviolet (UV) damage.
- Loose or missing flashing in valleys or around chimneys, skylights and vents. Flashing is responsible for keeping water out and is typically placed over seams or gaps.
- Blocked roof vents.
- Stains or wet areas on roof decking.
- Mold growth.
When you work with our team, our goal is to determine the current condition of your roof and make recommendations for repairs. We also offer free estimates. Between regular roof inspections, you can also inspect your roof and look for the above issues. Just use a pair of binoculars and look at your roof from the ground.
Talk to Us Today
ImproveIT! of Atlanta wants your home to be protected, year in and year out. Talk to one of our experts about your roof-related needs in Norcross. Schedule a free estimate today by calling (770) 612-5635 or by filling out our convenient online form.